A complete cPanel backup creates a copy of all of your emails, databases files etc. Once initialized, you must allow the backup to complete its backup process. It can send you an email at the specified adderess once backup is ready to be downloaded.
The server can send you an email to an address specified once the backup is ready to download. The steps for generating, downloading and restoring a full backup are explained in detail below.
Generating a Full Backup in cPanel
For Creating a full backup in cPanel:
- Log into your cPanel account.
- In the 'Files Section', click on the Backups icon.
- Under the Full Backup, click on Download or Generate a Full Website Backup.
- It will take you to the Full Backup page, there select your desired Backup Destination, the default it is set to Home Directory.
- You can select whether you wish to receive an email notification when the backup is complete. (Notification email address can be changed by changing the email ID in the field)
- Once you are done with setting the backup destination and Email Id
- Click on Generate Backup
It will generate a backup and place the tar.gz file inside your home directory. You can then download the backup file via cPanel, FTP.
Downloading the Full Backup
Downloading the backup via cPanel:
- Login into cPanel.
- In the 'Files section', click on the Backups icon.
- Under 'Full Backup', click on Download or Generate a Full Website Backup.
- Under 'Backups Available for Download', click on the backup file link you wish to download.
- Select a destination path on your PC where you would like to save the backup.