Working with Softaculous in cPanel.
Softaculous is a commercial script library that automates the installation of commercial and open source web applications to a website. Softaculous scripts are executed from the administration area of a website control panel, typically via an interface tool such as cPanel, Plesk, H-Sphere, ISPmanager, DirectAdmin and InterWorx. Softaculous applications typically create tables in a database, install software, adjust permissions, and modify web server configuration files.
Softaculous targets open-source software and is available in Pro and Free versions. The free version supports the installation of over 50 applications. The Pro version provides one-step installation of over 280 applications. By using Softaculous you can install WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, PrestaShop, Magento etc. within seconds. please do the following step:
- Login to cPanel
- In search bar type, softaculous
3. or go to Software section and Click on softaculous apps installer.
4. select script you want to install. lets for example we select Drupal.
5. fill the details as per requirement in each text box like version no., protocol, domain, Admin account details, etc.
6. click on install
7. to see your all installation, click on all installation icon.
To remove script in softaculous
- go to softaculous apps installer.
- All installation.
4. Select the options as per your choice like remove directory, database, database user then click on remove installation.
6. After completion of removal you will see following message.
You’ve successfully configure Application script using softaculous apps installer in cPanel.
Contact waxspace support if you need any support for configuring Application script using softaculous apps installer.